Monday, May 3, 2010

East Coast Road Trip

We had so much fun on our east coast trip, even though it rained the 8 days that we were gone we were still  able so see and experience so much! We flew into Baltimore and drove to New York to spend 2 days. Driving in New York is something else, our gps stopped working because of all the tall buildings so that made for a very interesting drive through the city.  
Beware-I took over 800 pictures!  
We got in late on Saturday night so once we found our hotel we settled in for the night. The next morning we got up early to go see the city. We probably walked a total of 12 miles, we saw so much! There were a few things I loved about New York and a few things I hated. I loved the city, shopping and cafe shops but I learned that I hated the subway. It was a great place to visit but I don't think I could ever live there.




If you know anything about me you know that I am madly in love with chocolate and can't live without it!
Wall street
My poor pants were soaking wet
Times Square-not very busy in the rain
Central Park
NBC
Empire State building
At the top
New York

 After New York we drove up to Boston, we have a friend that lives there that let us stay with him. We didn't have tons of time there but we were able to see a little of the city and spend time with Cody.

 We went on a duck tour (land and water) it was a great way to see the city!
 This was the house we stayed in, I loved it because its just what I thought a house in Boston would look like.
and it was on wisteria way... 
The original cheers bar in Boston  
Looking out on Boston city

Next we drove up to Quebec, we wish we would have had a little more time there, we only had half a day to see the city and had to work the other 3 days. It was a little harder to get around because everything was in French but most people spoke enough English to help us.

 I loved the small steets with cafes and shops!

The top of our hotel eating breakfast

Dan walking across the bridge on the top of the waterfall


Our last stop was Maine, we had a few extra hours before we had to catch our flight so we found a beach to hang out at. We loved Maine!

Play in the ocean
LOVE this guy!



We were so lucky that we got to see the East Coast and we loved every minute of it!


I thought I would share a few fun facts about our trip:
*We drove through 10 states and 2 countries*All the roads back east are lined with trees on both sides so you can't tell you’re in the city*In one day we saw: Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Wall Street, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Grand Central Terminal, Ellis Island, Central Park, 5th Ave., NBC, Broadway *It rains, A LOT.*Our hotel room in New York….not very big*I hate the subway in New York *I like the train in Boston *We got searched crossing the border for an hour and I was scared to death they were taking me to jail *Driving in New York sucks*We paid $50 in toll roads to go from Maryland to Maine….total waste of money *The shopping in NY wasn’t that great *It snowed for 5 out of the 7.5 hour drive to Quebec *We saw 4 moose in 4 miles at 1:00 A.M. driving through Maine *I took over 800 pictures *The chocolate & water is terrible in Quebec...made for a long couple of days!

                                                    **Next stop...HONG KONG**

6 comments:

Josh & Aubrey said...

Love love love these pics! you guys look great! Thats awesome you got to experience it all! HONG KONG! you will be surrounded!

Bellblogging said...

Sounds like a fun busy trip! I can't believe you did all that stuff in one day! Hurry home from Hong Kong :-)

Draper's said...

I love New York!! Your pictures made me want to go right now! You have the funnest life!! Have I told you that lately? Love all of your pictures!!

Whitney said...

I agree New York is amazing I could probably see myself living in a penthouse in 5th avenue but that is it! The subway is pretty much the scariest thing ever and its soooooooo dirty, YUCK! I realize now how gross and sad that part is in the movie The Pursuit of Happiness when Will Smith has to sleep on the floor with his kid.

Nick & Bon said...

Fun trip!! Can't wait to see you guys :)

Unknown said...

I cannot believe that you guys were brave enough to drive into the city.