Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Yellowstone

We took a weekend getaway up to Yellowstone, we were lucky enough to have Brant and Kirsten tag along! It was a short trip but it's always nice to get out of the city. My favorite part about Yellowstone is the wildlife, I spend hours and hours in the car trying to find BEARS (my other favorite) so as soon as we got there I convinced Brant to take a drive with me, and we found tons of Elk and 2 moose! Saturday morning the boys went fishing, Dan was excited to teach Brant how to fly fish; the fishing must have been good because they all caught a few fish! Kirsten and I went into the park to find some animals but we didn’t have very good luck. Later that night, we went for another drive and found 3 big horn sheep right off the side of the road, we had a great time watching them! Sunday morning we decided to take the upper loop in the park and we sure did get lucky…we saw a grizzly bear, black bear cub and a few bull elk. Even though we spent about 20 hours in the car (poor Kirsten) we had a great time! We LOVE the time we get to spend in Yellowstone and we looking forward to our other trips we have planned up there this summer!

Brant got a new lens for his camera so I left most of the picture taking up to him but here are a few pictures I took over the weekend.

No comments: